Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mid-Session Check In






Mid- Session Check In

Laura,


Here are my answers to the questions for the Midsession Check-in Blog.




1.       What has been your biggest challenge in this class so far? What has been your biggest success?
My biggest challenge so far has been anything to do with the video posting or Skype, for much reason. The first is one I could not get anything to work on my computer it was so frustrating the other is I like online classes so I can be incognito “laugh out loud”. I just found the assignment to be a little off kilter for an English class. My biggest success has been able to branch out, I never really wanted to read or study so much about Military before. So far I have been amazed at how well Tim O’Brien and Sean Huze work has been and I am glad I got the chance to learn their work. It’s nice that are instructor took such an approach to think outside the box, so many teacher just want you to learn the basic and not much more.
2.       How have the readings in the class affected you?
Well in accordance to my last answer I have enjoyed reading about Tim O’Brien and his amazing life. I would have never bought his book and having to read it for class has been wonderful. I m not one to branch away from the type of stories I like so given this chance I think I will keep up on it, overall I have enjoyed the readings in this class so far.
3.       How is literary analysis different from other types of writing you have done in college?
The literature in this class has been up to par for what the college standards should be. The work seems to be set at a speed that most students should be able to follow and keep up on. Is the work different from other English classes? Yes; this class wants many different assignment like creating a blog or making a video, this can either be a good thing or can become distracting to some. Again, I think the fact that or instructor asked us to go beyond just the normal routine of standard literary. So we can look at the video assignments and blog post as a way to be more creative in our literature world.
4.       What are your goals for the half of the second half of the session? What do you hope to improve or accomplish.
My goals for the second half is to get more aggressive with my work, I will be pulling out all the punches no holds bar. I want my work to be able to show how well I can focus and be more attentive. I sometimes stray off the beaten path and choose to do work a little different. However this time I will be staying focus and working hard.  My upcoming accomplish will be to pass this class, I want to pass just like everyone else and I believe that’s a great goal to set.  



No comments:

Post a Comment