Friday, July 16, 2010

Ceremonial Sex or Not ?





Erin Meierbachtol

Essay # 3 (Researching topic)

I my essay I want to make clear that my over all topics is about the women in this book and how they have lost their self-worth to have any type of freedom at all.  This book has a strong portray on mid 20th Century Feminist. Women can get arrested for being married to a divorced man, and many other great things. This book is based on a Science Fiction novel that displays dystopian literature. I am not sure how much I want to learn from this it seems like an over sexed controlled society that needs help. I feel really strong about women rights and this book can go from one extreme to the next.
My biggest topic I will be discussing in this book is the lack of women right. Atwood accurately portrays these handmaids to be fundamentally modern day sex slaves. It also seem like everyone is trying to get pregnant or needs to be. This book talks about (Ceremonial Sex) acts between the commanders with the handmaids. I want to truly see what this is all about and to prove that these women had no control. For my research about my topic I will be looking into the history of sex slaves and how this book can compare.
I felt that this was a very strong and most discussed topic through the book. I want to understand more about Atwood and why she would choose such a graphic topic to write about. This is quite a different book and was hard to follow. However the theme played out strong and I want to deliver the same. So in choosing this I hope that it will bring me close to understanding Atwood work and why she decide to write a book about this futurist type of story. 

We should never be supporting this; www.EndHumanTrafficking.org




No comments:

Post a Comment