Friday, June 11, 2010

Good Readers and Good Writers


Good Readers and Good Writers


Vladimir Nabokov, had many great ideas on what made a good reader. His thoughts may have been different, give the time period he is right on target. One of his strongest points that he makes is ( one begins at the wrong end and travels away from the book before one has started to understand it) I find this to be so true. I don’t know how many times I have to read a book or a part over and over before I truly understand the significance. Another saying he has is (when this new world has been closely studied, then and only then let us examine its links with other worlds) in other wise, make sure you know your facts before you go stating them. I truly believe he took great passion in his work and it shows.


What makes a good reader? For me it’s someone who can read a book and completely lose themselves in the artist. This is when you can get, so involved in your reading that its breathtaking. Reading is an art not everyone can read a book and transform themselves into a different person. What makes a good reader is just letting go of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment